Global operations require global visibility
Across its international operations, our client used several disparate systems to run their business. This included Quickbooks and a variety of other local accounting systems for financial management, Replicon for time and expense, and a series of Excel spreadsheets for proposals and project accounting processes.
As the organization continued its international growth, these disparate systems:
- Required manual and redundant data entry in a number of areas
- Created challenges in efficiently managing key project-related processes
- Limited management’s visibility across the global business
Targeted solution for industry’s unique needs
Contract research organizations have unique needs related to managing complex study budgets and performing unit-based forecasting and billing. These unique requirements require a flexible ERP platform that can be adapted to the unique needs of the industry. After evaluating several ERP platforms, including Infor and Deltek, our client chose Microsoft Dynamics 365 as their new platform.
A key element of this solution was sa.global’s projects360 (formerly known as Projects+) solution for Microsoft Dynamics 365. projects360 provides enhancements to a number of important processes such as resourcing and billing as well as a pre-built, industry-relevant BI and reporting solution utilizing Azure SQL and Power BI
Simplify the IT footprint with a cloud solution
Since implementing Microsoft Dynamics 365, our client has been able to:
- Gain an integrated platform that all global entities and locations can utilize to manage key financial and operational business processes
- Improve the management of critical project- and resource-related processes while standardizing globally on core processes
- Provide stakeholders with improved access to key business data
- Simplify the organization’s IT footprint and reduce costs through an integrated cloud platform