Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2015
Top Features of Dynamics CRM 2015
Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2015 has so many exciting features, we struggled to pick our favourites. Here's our top 10 picks:
- CRM Online Administration Experience: CRM Online markets is expanding. System Administrators can self-provision instances from O365 and choose from 60 different markets.
- Enhanced Business Processes: Have you ever wished that you could build branching logic into your Business Process Flows? CRM 2015 allows you to create branching rules and the ability to combine multiple conditions within a rule. Think of the possibilities!
- Enhanced Mobile Sales: Remember the last time you were in a meeting with a client and unable to add details directly into CRM with your mobile device because you did not have access to their wireless network? CRM 2015 will allow users to create drafts offline that can easily be synchronised when the user is back online. Additionally, all dashboards can now be enabled for a tablet.
- Enhanced Business Rules: No need to create multiple business rules for one logic string. Business rules can now contain If/Then logic and the ability to combine expressions using And/Or.
- Search: You can now search in Dynamics CRM 2015 across different record types or configure specific fields on your preferred entities. Simply enter your search criteria in the general navigation search bar and let CRM do the rest for you.
- Security Enhancements: Allows managers to access records for their direct reports based on Hierarchy, across the organisation. As a system administrator, this is going to be a huge time saver!
- Outlook and Sync Enhancements: Additional phone and address fields are available for field level syncing. Another fabulous perk is that end users can add information to a contact note and prevent it from being shared with CRM. Fields that are synced will be flagged, so there is no need to guess which fields will be visible in CRM.
- Sales Product Taxonomy..Sales Product Taxonomy: Have you ever wanted CRM to provide product suggestions? This will now be possible by setting up product hierarchies, creating bundles, product properties and defining product relationships.
- SLA Enhancements: There is now a specific tab within System Settings for Service. CRM 2015 allows SLAs to be paused based upon the Status Reason. Previously created SLAs will be considered standard SLAs and all new SLAs created in CRM 2015 will be considered Enhanced. All Enhanced SLA will be eligible to use this feature.
- Fields: Calculated and Rollup with work in harmony with CRM 2015. You will now have the ability to create more complex field calculations that can run based upon a scheduled job and compliments business rules with real-time integration. These fields can now be added to Reports, Charts, Views and Forms. A calculator icon is visible next to fields for which this functionality has been applied.
Key improvements in Dynamics CRM 2015 Marketing
Updates in Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2015 enable your marketing team to seamlessly go from planning, to execution, leveraging the power of Excel and Power BI to measure campaigns across channels from start to finish.
You can engage customers one-to-one across channels, build your sales pipeline and demonstrate the impact of your marketing investments in real-time.
- Multi-channel Marketing: The 2015 update of Dynamics Marketing helps organisatons streamline campaign creation and improve segmentation with graphical email editing, A/B and split testing, integrated offers and approval workflows.
- Email Editor: The new Email editor provides marketers with the ability to select from pre-defined templates or create an Email from scratch using an interactive drag and drop build process or an advanced editor for the CSS & HTML experts.
- Campaign Management Console: The Campaign Management Console has been enhanced to include complex multi-condition triggers to fine tune responses, embedded cross campaign offers and A/B testing.
- Integrated Social Listening: Ensure success with integrated transactional and social insights and positively impact on your brand with sentiment analysis.
- Sales Collaboration: Strengthen your marketing and sales synergies with the new Sales Collaboration Panel, which allows sellers to provide input into campaigns and targeting. Sellers can gain visibility into the campaign activities and can control communications targeting their customers as well as setup and receive alerts based on their interactions.
- Marketing Resource Management: Gain unprecedented visibility into your marketing plan with the new Marketing Calendar and improve collaborative marketing with click to call capabilities from Lync.
- Internal Process Automation: Easily design approval processes and track their status to ensure your team is aligned and on target to meet deadlines.
Key improvements in Dynamics CRM 2015 Sales
- Guided Sales Processes: Dynamics CRM 2015 allows for more complex business processes by improving the business process flows by introducing branching capability. The branch selection is done automatically, in real-time based upon rules defined during the process definition.
- Product Families: Sales operations managers can easily configure product offerings that bundle related products together and provide tailored pricelists giving sellers the ability to position the best products at the best price. Salespeople can see suggestions for cross-selling and up-selling, and get recommendations for accessories or substitutes right on the opportunity form while they are working their deal.
- Sales Hierarchies: Manage and report on your sales data in a way that maps to your business. With this release, users can see how info is related or grouped by viewing accounts, products, or users in hierarchical charts.
- CRM for tablets enhancements: A new personalised home experience allows mobile employees to pin key records and surface analytics from any tablet enabled dashboard in CRM and to easily access and analyse their key data on the go. Connectivity is not always available while traveling, Dynamics CRM 2015 allows for offline drafts, which can be created, changed, and synchronized once reconnected.
Key Improvements in Dynamics CRM 2015 Service
Dynamics CRM 2015 received a number of enhancement to its case management capabilities including:
- updated case form to manage related cases, review entitlements , and a Timer to ensure you do not exceed/breach your SLA’s
- defining and managing service entitlements and SLA’s
- creating dynamic routing and queuing rules to ensure you hit your service targets
- merging duplicate or creating parent / child relationships between cases to eliminate
- Agents can pause and resume SLA’s and track the time for which a case was on-hold or waiting on a customer to ensure SLA’s are met.
Key Improvements in Dynamics CRM 2015 Platform
The Microsoft Dynamics CRM platform is designed to be flexible and includes powerful tools for you to tailor it to your unique business requirements. The following investments further Microsoft’s commitment to having an open, customizable, and extendable product and online service:
- Search: Improvements to quick search make it faster and easier way to navigate records.
- Synchronisation: Teams using Outlook or Exchange can now synchronise more types of information and more easily view where data comes from and how it’s shared.
- New Configuration Wizard: The CRM for Outlook Configuration Wizard has been redesigned making it easier to configure CRM for Outlook.