Business growth demands a dynamic solution
The client rapidly shifted from a small to medium-sized company, to a corporate organization through the mergers. This presented a need to consolidate data across the newly unified businesses and set a standard for both, front and back office processes.
The client also needed state-of-the-art systems, driving business innovation and transforming the way they serviced their customers. These systems had to span their whole enterprise and provide a platform to support their plans for rapid growth. Building on their success across EMEA, the client wanted to build a platform that could be easily deployed across new geographies or implemented by new acquisitions.
In addition, the client needed an integrated solution, which worked with their payroll provider as well as Microsoft Dynamics 365 Finance and Operations. The solution had to:
- Be secure for the management of employee data
- Provide visibility across Finance and HR
- Keep information in a single place rather than dispersed across systems and spreadsheets
- Scale with their growing organization
Finally, the client needed a Talent solution that would replace its current processes where HR used Excel, making reporting difficult. HR suffered from out-of-date information and a lack of consistency across business units.
The client evaluated a range of solutions but chose Microsoft Dynamics 365 for its rich functionality and Cloud deployment model. Their rollout program was to include both Microsoft Dynamics 365 Finance and Operations and Talent.
Twin solutions that double the benefits
The client joined the Microsoft Early Adopter program and partnered with sa.global for the implementation of Microsoft Dynamics 365 Finance and Operations as well as Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Talent.
Microsoft Dynamics 365 Finance and Operations
Microsoft Dynamics 365 Finance and Operations was selected for its ability to manage inter-company trading. With the new platform, the client's ever-growing network of sales offices can easily interact with their distribution hubs to ensure orders are processed and dispatched to the correct location with minimum lead times. If there was a need to open up a new geography, the client could leverage Microsoft Dynamics 365 Finance and Operations Cloud architecture to rapidly deploy a sales team and spin up the necessary systems to support them.
Operating across many geographies, it was essential that the new systems conformed to local fiscal and legislative requirements. By selecting Microsoft Dynamics 365 Finance and Operations, the client could be confident that they could meet reporting requirements in more than 29 countries worldwide.
The client took a phased approach to the implementation. Phase 1 was building a core system that could handle Finance, Purchasing, Sales, and Logistics. Included in this phase were several integrations that allowed data to be shared across the enterprise. Subsequent phases were focused on rolling the system out to different geographies. Starting with their regional distribution centers and sales offices in Poland, MEA, and Nordic regions, the client could demonstrate that the system was robust before moving on to larger entities in Southern and Northern Europe.
Microsoft Dynamics 365 forTalent
The client evaluated a range of solutions but chose Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Talent because it fitted well with their top priorities of data security, functionality, and ease of use. A project manager on the HR transformation program stated, “Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Talent offered all the functionality we were looking for. Linking into Finance and Operations allows us to bring our employee data together. It is secure and it is all in one place.”
The client took a four-phased approach to the implementation of Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Talent. They started by migrating all employee data spread across countries to the Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Talent platform. This was followed by the launch of the 'Attract' and 'Onboarding' modules. From here, the client implemented self-service and integrated Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Talent with their payroll provider.
Features and Benefits Microsoft Dynamics 365 Finance and Operations
- Rapid implementation, instant results: sa.global's agile approach to the implementation meant the client was able to quickly understand how Microsoft Dynamics 365 could support their business and allow them to transform their processes. sa.global’s consultants worked in partnership with the client's project team identifying industry best practices and providing key product knowledge. Additionally, sa.global assisted with the fiscal and localization requirements of each geography
- Analytics to support key decision making: The program included the rollout out of a BI platform focussed on providing staff with up-to-the minute analytics, allowing the client to react quickly to market needs and enable them to make correct decisions. Data was extracted across multiple platforms into an intelligible workspace providing business leaders with the knowledge they needed to move the business forward.
- Inter-company support: The client provides products through a network of partners across different sales entities and distribution hubs. Microsoft Dynamics 365 Finance and Operations offers rich inter-company capabilities allowing cross-company sales and purchases to be automated. The client is able to take advantage of this functionality to streamline inter-company trading. Furthermore, the client can leverage their close partnerships with industry leading vendors through the Microsoft Dynamics 365 Finance and Operations direct delivery model.
Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Talent
- Reporting and increased visibility: By consolidating employee data across countries, HR got a clear view of their headcount and how many countries they had against each function. The client was also able to easily draw on reports and streamline job titles. The client had a requirement for an advanced level of reporting based on the data held in Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Talent, which sa.global was able to provide through Power BI integrations and custom reports.
- Prioritization of functionality: Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Talent provided a template for the client's HR processes. Instead of having to customize the system to fit their structure, they were able to adapt their HR model through the platform. Supported by the phased approach, which enabled the client to prioritize what they needed from Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Talent, the client was able to implement rapidly and realize the benefits of the platform immediately
- The consistency of onboarding process: With the client’s rapid growth and onboarding of new employees from acquired businesses, it was paramount for HR to be able to provide a consistent message about working at the company. Generic onboarding templates were made available in Microsoft Dynamics for Talent for all the client's employees to use, as well as more specific onboarding guides for some countries, and according to the seniority of each employee.