Offering advanced functionalities, Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 maximizes business productivity and caters to industry specific needs
Complex needs demand an exceptional solution
Brighstar offers a host of benefits that cater to specific inventory management customer needs. This includes inventory ownership and management programs that:
- Reduce inventory ageing
- Eliminate device obsolescence
- Minimize inventory carrying costs
- Enable inventory accuracy
As Brightstar’s inventory valuation services got more complex due to greater volumes of transactions and under management of inventory levels, it looked for an even more sophisticated solution that would enable them to further extend and optimize their inventory management services.
Brightstar was also looking for a new Microsoft Partner with in-depth Microsoft Dynamics AX expertise to support them globally
Upgrade to a sophisticated costing model
Based on Microsoft’s recommendation as the partner of choice for Microsoft Dynamics AX services and a thorough evaluation process, sa.global was chosen as Brightstar’s partner. sa.global conducted a detailed requirement analysis and recommended that Brightstar upgrade their existing Microsoft Dynamics AX 2009-based supply chain solution to the latest Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 R2 platform, mainly on the basis of efficiency gains they would realize quickly in their inventory costing.
Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 R2 features a more sophisticated inventory costing model which is ideal for businesses and situations where there are a very large number of inventory items along with very high number of movements in inventory. This new model proved to be a perfect fit for Brightstar’s now complex and growing business and the gains in efficiency that would be realized were enough of a reason to upgrade to Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 R2.
sa.global offered a complete approach to upgrading Brightstar’s Microsoft Dynamics AX installation, covering the conversion of custom code, migration of data as well as training of end users. This upgrade was to cater to multiple Brightstar offices located in various geographies.
Following the best practices gained from performing multiple upgrades to Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012, sa.global’s Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 upgrade process is designed to keep downtime to a minimum. This shorter downtime meant less impact on operations and lower total cost of upgrade for Brightstar.
Impressed and convinced with sa.global’s advanced level of expertise and extensive proficiency in Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012, Brightstar signed up for a host of other services around Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012.
Upgrade Process Overview
Operational efficiencies and improved productivity
Offering benefits that vastly optimized Brightstar’s inventory management services, sa.global was able to meet their specific requirements. The key benefits realized by Brightstar are:
- Optimized inventory valuations that ensured enhanced operational efficiencies in speed, accuracy, and performance
- Vast time-to-value benefits from the Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 R2 upgrade
- Reduced costs without the need to hire, train, and retain in-house Microsoft Dynamics AX professionals as sa.global handled the entire Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 R2 upgrade process
- Improved employee productivity with the built-in, role-tailored workflows in Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 R2
- Empowered employees with in-depth business insights with the detailed operational reporting functionality in Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 R2
- Advanced distribution enhancements within logistics and sales order management